High Tech Wear Measurement Vision Systems for the Rail Industry
ECP can also provide high tech solutions for measuring the residual diameter of overhead centenary wire systems and negates the need for laborious and time consuming manual measurements. Accuracy is dramatically improved with sample rates of 1000 per second been achieved by this system. This equates to one sample been taken for every centimetre of overhead line based on a train speed of 22mph:
- 1cm at 36 km/h (22 mph)
- 2cm at 72 km/h (45 mph)
- 3cm at 108 km/h (67 mph)
- 4cm at 144 km/h (89 mph)
- 5cm at 180 km/h (112 mph)
- 9cm at 324 km/h (201 mph)
- 10cm at 360 km/h (224 mph)
Accuracy of the system is impressive:
- Height of overhead line catenary wire +/- 1cm
- Stagger (lateral position) of wire to +/- 1mm
- Wear (residual diameter) +/- 0.2mm
Pantograph Wear Measurement
ECP can also offer the extended range of wear measurement systems.
Pantograph Carbons can be remotely measured from a fixed camera positions and can dramatically improve reliability of service, reduce the need for regular maintenance inspections and subsequently reduce operation costs.
Other measurement systems permit the safety envelope to be safely measured to ensure minimum permissible safety clearances are maintained or indeed identify those locations quickly and easily where standards have been encroached upon.
Call ECP for all you traction requirements.
- Train Safety Envelope Measurement – Vision System
- Pantograph Wear Measurement – Vision System
- Rail Profile Wear Measurement – Vision System
- Overhead Line Catenary Wear Measurement – Vision System